Friday, November 13, 2009

Dollhouse: RIP




Well, that's all dearies. Joss Whedon's best (yes, I know, let the Buffy folks complain) show has officially been canceled by Fox during its second season. Fox announced the news yesterday. The show is currently producing its 11th episode. Fox plans on running the remaining episodes back to back throughout December, giving it a full two season run. After the announcement Whedon said:

"Hmm. Apparently my news is not news.
I don’t have a lot to say. I’m extremely proud of the people I’ve worked with: my star, my staff, my cast, my crew. I feel the show is getting better pretty much every week, and I think you’ll agree in the coming months. I’m grateful that we got to put it on, and then come back and put it on again.
I’m off to pursue internet ventures/binge drinking. Possibly that relaxation thing I’ve read so much about. By the time the last episode airs, you’ll know what my next project is. But for now there’s a lot of work still to be done, and disappointment to bear.
Thank you all for your support, your patience, your excellent adverts. See you again. -j.”
 The show's 'star' Dushku also took to her twitter to post the following:
"Hear it here. Hey, that's really why I started twitter, the rumors/news IS true: Dollhouse will not cont. past these 13 eps :("
 I mean the news was obviously impending, but it's a sad day here in Aaron town. I shall watch them all fondly and think of what could have been. For those of you who haven't watched it, shame on you you monkey sniffers.

PS. Fox is now the devil. No dollhouse and an entire news network of bloated republicans. Kudos.

No comments:

Post a Comment