Friday, May 1, 2009

LOST: Forget All That "Whatever Happened" Bullshit

Forgive me, I took some time off from the TV recapping to keep my sanity. Also, I didn't feel I had much to say about it. However, after many questions of what happened to it, here we are again.

This week's episode "The Variable" was another somewhat stronger addition to the season after that god awful middle part we saw. I'm going to skip the recap and give my opinion:

Good things:
1. I heart Hawking. Plain and simple, it has nothing to do with the character and everything to do with Mrs. Flanagan. Anytime she's on screen I'm ok.

2. We get some reasons as to why Daniel was so bloody scatterbrained. It was all his experimenting. Daffy bastard.

3. Juliet's delightfully snide bitchy response to Sawyer calling Kate "freckles". The code is 141717, you should go.

4. They seem to be bringing the idea of them being able to actually change what can happen up as a major possibility.

5. Kate saying what's on the audience's mind if 815 were to land successfully.

Bad things:
1. So, Faraday is the offspring of two British people, one of which, we know he spent time with. He has an American accent. Also, his name is Faraday. I don't get it.

2. Daniel died. That was...weird

3.That absolutely ridiculous shoot out with Radzinsky and crew. I just don't see Jack as the little action hero they tried to pull him off as.

Ok things:

1. Widmore is Daniel's dad. Well, obviously right?

2. Miles finally decides to stop being the Dharma chauffeur

So in short, they probably can change what's supposed to happen. They're (obviously) not supposed to be in the 70s and Daniel gets shot in the back by his own mother. Not a bad episode.

Only three to go, I think perhaps it could get better. We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. The thing that bothered me most about this episode was Faraday making baby Charlotte cry.

    ReplyDelete